Wednesday, January 4, 2012

DIY: Treasure Boxes

Hey everyone!

Today I've got a DIY on cute, small treasure boxes; so you can keep all your little treasures safe :)

Here's What You'll Need:


Everything I got (except the scissors) is from Michael's. 
Wooden Treasure Box: $1 each
Mini Ribbon Rolls: $.99 each
Pack of little Gem Stones: $2.99
Pack of fake Pearls: $3.49

Start off with a plain wooden box:



To make the Gold/Pearl Treasure Box:



I started by gluing different sparkly gold ribbon and gold and bronze sequin ribbon around the top.  Then, I filled in the top with lots of different size and color fake pearls.  I put them all randomly on there, because I like the way it looks.  Then, I took some loose bronze and gold sequins and glued them on top of some of the pearls randomly.  Finally, I glued little pearls all over the bottom part of the "treasure chest'.  

To make the Glam Box:



I started by taking all kinds of sparkly ribbon-- silver, pink, purple and black-- and glued them along the top.  Then I put little gem stones around the top part of the box.  Then, I put pink and black sparkly ribbon around the top and bottom of the bottom part of the box, and put a sheer white ribbon with silver sparkles on it in the middle.  Lastly, I put small piles of gems all around, randomly placed, then, voila! You're done and you have a beautiful place to store your most beautiful treasures :)

Hope you enjoyed!
Follow me on twitter?

<3

6 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Love them :)

    Have a great day :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. I love small boxes. I inherited many from my Moms room when she died. She like to keep small items in hers that were special to her. I do the same and have been collecting them for awhile if I see one that is unique. I love this idea because making one is so much more meaningful. Will do on of these pearl DIY projects this weekend. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should sell these id buy one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe thank you all :)
    Valerie Elle- I would but I don't think that many people would buy them haha! Thanks though, if you want one email me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would buy them, I am sure many others would to.
    We will help by repinning them on our pinterest boards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...