Wednesday, January 4, 2012

DIY: Treasure Boxes

Hey everyone!

Today I've got a DIY on cute, small treasure boxes; so you can keep all your little treasures safe :)

Here's What You'll Need:


Everything I got (except the scissors) is from Michael's. 
Wooden Treasure Box: $1 each
Mini Ribbon Rolls: $.99 each
Pack of little Gem Stones: $2.99
Pack of fake Pearls: $3.49

Start off with a plain wooden box:



To make the Gold/Pearl Treasure Box:



I started by gluing different sparkly gold ribbon and gold and bronze sequin ribbon around the top.  Then, I filled in the top with lots of different size and color fake pearls.  I put them all randomly on there, because I like the way it looks.  Then, I took some loose bronze and gold sequins and glued them on top of some of the pearls randomly.  Finally, I glued little pearls all over the bottom part of the "treasure chest'.  

To make the Glam Box:



I started by taking all kinds of sparkly ribbon-- silver, pink, purple and black-- and glued them along the top.  Then I put little gem stones around the top part of the box.  Then, I put pink and black sparkly ribbon around the top and bottom of the bottom part of the box, and put a sheer white ribbon with silver sparkles on it in the middle.  Lastly, I put small piles of gems all around, randomly placed, then, voila! You're done and you have a beautiful place to store your most beautiful treasures :)

Hope you enjoyed!
Follow me on twitter?

<3

6 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Love them :)

    Have a great day :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. I love small boxes. I inherited many from my Moms room when she died. She like to keep small items in hers that were special to her. I do the same and have been collecting them for awhile if I see one that is unique. I love this idea because making one is so much more meaningful. Will do on of these pearl DIY projects this weekend. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe thank you all :)
    Valerie Elle- I would but I don't think that many people would buy them haha! Thanks though, if you want one email me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would buy them, I am sure many others would to.
    We will help by repinning them on our pinterest boards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...