Friday, April 20, 2012

Feather Hair Extensions: My Thoughts + Review



Hey everyone!  

I'm so excited about today's post--feather hair extensions!!  If you follow me on twitter you may have seen me tweet about getting feather hair extensions about a month or two ago; it was a spur of the moment decision.  I was going to get my hair cut and while I waited there was binder full of feather hair extensions, so of course I flipped through it and ended up wanting them!  Here's what mine look like:




I wanted them to be very subtle, not like I had a bird in my hair, since I wasn't sure how I felt about them yet.  I just got two strands, one that's lighter than my hair and one that's darker.  I put them together on the top layer of my hair.
Here's the breakdown of what I think of them:

Manageability: They are actually SUPER easy to manage!  You can wash, dry and style them just like your regular hair, and they hold a curl pretty well also!  You can brush right over them and the little clamp that holds them in and they don't move or get messed up or anything.  I forget the feathers are there sometimes!

Price: I know these can range, depending on where you get them.  They sell DIY kits at Claire's and online starting at like $2, but I'm not sure of the quality of those.  At my salon, they were $10 per strand, so for the two I got put in it was $20.  To me, this is a lot to spend on something like feathers in your hair, but they've lasted a long time and hold up very well!  Other salons charge different amounts for their feathers, depending on how many you get put in and where you get it done.  Make sure to call ahead and ask if you're thinking about getting them, you don't want to get there and have them charge you a ridiculous price!

Selection: Depending on where you're going to get the feathers and how much you're willing to spend, there is a huge selection out there.  You can get neutral colors (like I did) or bright colors.  You can also pick your thickness and length to your preferences.

I hope you all enjoyed this post!! Like I said, I'm obsessed with my feather extensions, they're very subtle but still add a little spice to your hair.  I might consider getting a couple more spread throughout my hair, but I'm not sure about it yet.  I hope I answered all of your questions, but if you have anymore, let me know! :)

Do you like feather extensions?
Comment and let me know!

xo Sarah

13 comments:

  1. I used to have feather extensions :) Mine lasted for about 7 months! They just came out two months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you on my blog for the versatile blogger award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you got your feather extension. I had mine for a while and I love it. The bad thing is you need to get it maintain which (for me) is a hassle. But it looks great on you!!

    Xo Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine haven't given me any trouble yet from a maintenance stand point--hopefully they wont!! :) Thanks for stopping by!


      xo Sarah

      Delete
  4. I am not a huge fan of feather extensions, but I think they look great on you! I think the key to your's looking hot was that they were pretty thin and also like you said you got them one lighter and one darker. I got some feather earrings but thats as far as I am willing to try the feather trend!!
    xx
    Sarah
    http://fromcoasttocloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, I was scared to get feathers in my hair but now I'm glad I did :) I don't have any feather earrings but may look into getting some :)

      xo Sarah

      Delete
  5. Sarah, thanks for your objective blog! We really appreciate how you broke things down into three categories and went from there! What a great way to look at!

    They look great on you, and we love how you curled them! We are looking forward to reading your future posts!

    -The PlumeIt Fashion Team
    www.plumeIt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad you all enjoyed! :)

      xo Sarah

      Delete
  6. $20 is expensive for 2 feathers I get mine shipped from the britain and I pay $13 for 7 feathers , ok you gotta pay shipping, but is still better value http://www.aheadofhair.biz/feather-your-heads---feather_your_heads.html
    xo hester

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I love my feathers, I got them from
    http://wearedolls.com/hair-extensions/#/feather-extensions/
    They were amazing, they are mobile so came right out to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...