Saturday, March 3, 2012

How To Hair: Easy, 10 Minute Beach Waves

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all having an amazing day today! :) I'm just here with a super easy, super quick hair tutorial on how to get beachy waves in 10 minutes.  Now, I have really long, stick straight hair (seriously, no texture at all...) and if I'm feeling like doing something a little different, but don't feel like spending a ton of time on it, this is what I do to my hair.  It's especially perfect for those days when your outfit is looking beachy and bohemian :)  Enjoy!

First, you're going to make sure your hair is completely dry and tangle free.  I've tried this with slightly damp hair and it did not work at all, but that may just be my hair type!

Now, braid your hair into as many braids as you want.  I french braided two braids.  
The more braids you do, the smaller the waves will be.


Now, spray a little bit of hairspray onto the braids, then plug in your straightener and turn it on.
You're just going to hold the straightener over each part of your braid for about 15 seconds, going over each braid at least twice:


Then, spray it a little more with some hairspray (if your hair is hard to do ANYTHING to like mine is!) and take out your braids.  Now you're done and you have super easy and fast beach waves in your hair!


I hope you all enjoyed this! Like I said, it's not super fancy, but it's perfect for a quick bit of texture in your hair :) 

Follow for more hair tutorials?
<3

xo Sarah

PS: If you want a waving iron to do this for you, you can get my favorite waving iron here!


15 comments:

  1. That's so clever - great tip! I'm really eager to buy a waving wand; love a beach wave!



    www.freshlookbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good tip :) Definitely going to try it out :)

    Have a beautiful day

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! love the creativity! im definately going to try it. I also have a waver/ crimper hot tool. that looks really cool..i have fine hair like you so i need lots of hair spray to hold it and it still falls out in a few hours lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah definitely try this! my hair is fine but it holds a curl usually so you may have to put a little hairspray in it anyway!

      Delete
  4. That's gorgeous! A very clever tip! :-D

    Now I just need to teach myself how to braid my own hair - I'm clumsy and always end up dropping the braids towards the end!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha learning to braid is the hardest part of this tutorial!! maybe i'll do a post on it soon!

      Delete
  5. very cool idea. I always have to use a wand to curl my hair and it takes like 2 hours because I have love hair. This looks easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a smart idea! I really like it! Thanks for sharing!

    http://gracienotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute idea! love your hair posts!

    ke
    blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so brillant.. i just cut my hair though haha but i will try it ! :)

    http://www.cutely-whimsical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hair is pretty much like yours, I do exactly the same thing! Or when I'm on vacation or something I don't have the iron with me, I just braid my hair after the beach, keep them that way until the evening when I go out :)

    candysoupbys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea! :) I love it. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a quick tip..today i am going to try this on to my daughter..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...