Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Smiles: Surviving Finals Week

Hey everyone!

I know, I know, I'm an awful blogger. I've been so MIA lately, but that's only because finals are coming up next week, which means I'm studying nonstop.  I have been taking breaks to pack up my room--I can't wait to be out of my dorm!!  Anyway, for those of you that are in the same position as me, here's a few things to help you chug through finals week!





I thought I'd also give some tips on how I get through finals week:

1. Don't wait until the last minute.
I always thought I did just fine studying at the last minute for big tests and exams, but since being in college, I've realized it's SO much easier to start a little at a time.  If it's a class where I know I'm going to have to make a bunch of notecards, I always make sure to go ahead and do those pretty far in advance, so then when it comes time for that final, I can just study the notecards and not have to worry about making them!

2.  Take breaks.
If you start to get restless or antsy when you're studying, you're probably not being as productive as you could be.  Take a break for a little while--turn on the TV, take a nap, go outside and walk around--do anything to relax you for a half hour or so, then go back to studying.  You'll feel refreshed and able to make it through a long period of studying.

3. Get Enough Sleep
I know it's almost impossible to get 8 hours of sleep every night, especially in college, but when you have a ton of tests you need to get as much as possible.  I know I'm guilty of not getting enough sleep too, but make sure you at least get to bed early enough to allow you to be awake enough to do well on your tests and not fall asleep in the middle of them!

4. Eat Right
This one is SO hard for everyone--including me--during finals week especially! But you have to remember, you need brain food not junk food!  

Do you have any tips to help me get through finals?
Comment and leave them below!! :)

*I promise i'll get back to a regular blogging schedule as soon as I'm done with school!


xo Sarah

Picture Credit: hereherehere, and here

7 comments:

  1. thanks for this post! studying so much for my exams - feel like i'm getting nowhere! just gotta keep smiling ;)

    dressingtabledelights.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! Finals just seems to be the most stressful time in the semester. Thanks for the tip and good luck with finals!!

    XO Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through bloghop and would love if you could come check out my blog as well and maybe follow if you like what you see?
    Thanks! :)
    Aly
    www.seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your site!! New folow from the blog hop!! Showing you some love across the social networks <3

    xo, Jersey Girl

    http://hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster blog award!

    http://www.cutely-whimsical.blogspot.com

    Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah! I love your blog! And we got a nomination together! I'm following you- do the same? :)
    http://www.emseyespybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah) U have a nice blog) Follow me and I follow you back)
    http://thisismylifecom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...