Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DIY: Easter Candle Holders--ft. Terra Cotta Pots



Hey everyone!  

Can you believe Easter is this Sunday?! This year is flying by, summer is so close to being here--it's completely crazy to me!  So, to honor the upcoming holiday (for those of you who celebrate), I'm going to show you these super cure candle holders, completely Easter themed!  They're super inexpensive and cute; you can make them for any holiday too!  I wish I could take the credit for the idea, but it actually came from my mom, aka the most artistic/crafty person in the world.  While I was home over spring break, this was one of our little projects :) I hope you all enjoy!

Here's the finished product:

The only things you'll need:

1. Four Terra Cotta Pots-- 4 for $1.99 at Michael's
2. Paint Brushes and Your favorite colored paints-- .50 cents each at Michaels
3. Any color ribbon you like
4. A glue gun
5. Fake Grass/Festive Figurines (optional)


Step 1: Paint your four pots a base color
(I chose yellow)

Step 2: Add your favorite design--anything you want!
First, I painted the rims of them purple

Then, I added a zigzag design and some dots on them




Step 3: Take two of the pots and glue the small bottoms of them together.  
Tie a ribbon around the middle to cover up the seam between the pots.


Step 4: Glue your candle into the pots, then glue some plastic grass into the pot around the candle.

Step 5: Add some fun figurines! :)
We just used parts that had broken off of old Easter decorations!

Now, you're done! 
You have an adorable center piece for the holiday!




I hope you all enjoyed!
If you try this make sure to let me know how it turned out! :)
Comment if you like the idea! 

xo Sarah
<3

My Links




8 comments:

  1. These are so cute :) I love them <3

    Have a beautiful day :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Love the blog, will def be back!!

    www.door251.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much! Checking out your website now :)

      Delete
  4. This is a very good idea! I'd love to make some of these to decorate a home for Easter! Well done! I'm deffinately following now!

    stylechoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! :) I'm glad you like the decor idea as well! Checking out your website now :)

      Delete

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...