Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How I Organize My Makeup-Dorm Room Edition!

Hey everyone!

I hope ya'll are all having an amazing day today! :) I've been getting SO many requests lately for more organization posts, especially how I organize my makeup.  I've been wanting to do this post--but the only problem is that I'm in a dorm at college right now, so I don't have my whole collection here with me, because it would take up too much room in my dorm!  So, until I get home (which is in less than two weeks..EEK!), I thought I would do a "how I organize my makeup" dorm room style.  This is not me bragging about anything!!! This is good for anyone who is in a college dorm room or anywhere with a small space.  It's extremely inexpensive, nothing fancy.  I just brought the necessities with me to school.  So, here it is!


I just have a small black side table, which was $10 from Target when "back-to-school" time starts.  My Conair mirror, which one of the mirror sides has broken off, was from ULTA a while ago (I'm pretty sure they still have them).  Then, I just have a plastic set of 3 drawers, which you can get at Target or Wal-Mart.  I just put a bandana or a towel down under my mirror so the table doesn't get dirty, then throw it in the washing machine when I do laundry.  I keep my brushes in the pink basket you see peaking out on the left.

Here's what's in the drawers:





The white basket organizers can be purchased at WalMart, Target or Walgreens, and they come in packs of 3 for $1.  They organizers in my eyeshadow drawer are really old, and I have no idea where I purchased them, but they compartmentalize everything so well!  


On the top, I store some nail clippers, tweezers, hair clips and nail polish remover.  I also keep my favorite nail polishes on the top of this, so they are easily accessible for me.  Behind my nail polishes I keep my cotton swabs and cotton balls.


Like I said, it's a super easy, super inexpensive set-up--which is perfect for college kids!  The table is low enough that I can sit in the floor and do my makeup in the mirror without a problem.  
When I get home for the summer I'll do an overview of everything and how I store it all when I'm there, but for now this is what I'm using!  I LOVE doing organization inspired posts--I'm kind of OCD, so let me know if you want to see more! 

How do you store your makeup?
Comment and let me know!

xo Sarah



1 comment:

  1. Great post, just what I need since I am going be dorming soon. I loved how you tag each drawer so you know which one it is. Good job!!

    XO Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...