Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gifts That Give Back: Kony 2012

Hey everyone!

So usually, the things I blog about are super happy and girly, but this one is sort of a mixed post between happy and sad.  If you haven't already heard, Kony 2012 is a fast growing movement.  It's a movement to take down Joseph Kony, one of the greatest war criminals in the world.  To avoid going into gruesome details here, I'm going to embed the video about the movement below, please take the time to watch it. (I know 30 minutes seems like a long time in our crazy lives, but it was truly the most informative 30 minutes I've spent on youtube) There are so many children being hurt by Joseph Kony, and it's important to raise awareness for a problem that has spread so far.  So, now onto the "Gifts That Give Back" part of the post.
There is an entire online store filled with products that all the proceeds benefit Invisible Children in the effort to track and stop Joseph Kony.  Here are some of my favorites:

All T-Shirts are only $25.00

The awareness bracelets are $10.00
Finally, the Action Kit.  It costs $30.00, and includes everything you need to raise awareness about Joseph Kony, even posters to put up randomly.

I know this post wasn't as happy as mine usually are, but I really hope you all look at the online store for Invisible Children and support the Kony 2012 movement.  It's an amazing opportunity to help the 35,000+ children that have been abducted and forced to kill.  You can pledge to join the movement here, and you can also find ways to donate there.  

If you do want to watch the video to find out more about the movement, here it is! I'm going to warn you, some of the material is pretty graphic.  It's completely worth the time you spend watching it.  I truly think it is amazing to see how the internet has spread this movement so quickly, and how much we can all come together online when there is a greater cause.

xo Sarah

Other Gifts That Give Back Posts:


  1. I just heard about this today and I am sure that we can all make a difference! Nice blog!
    Please stop by mine hope you follow me too

    1. your blog is adorable! :) Thanks for checking mine out :)

  2. I am so happy you posted about this! I wish everyone will post about this, I probably will in a few minutes aha! But anyway, thanks so much! Really everyone should tell EVERYONE about this! Definitely buying a shirt! Thanks for the post :) Love the blog!

    -- Hailey (

  3. Wonderful post. I just found out about this today on the news. I think this must be stopped. I can't believe this has been going on for about the past 9 years. But it's only gotten a lot of hype for about the past few days. I'm watching the video right now. I'm probably not going to buy anything,but great post! :)

  4. Ignorance is a bliss. Do your research before jumping on the bandwagon.

    1. Thanks for that link but it's nothing I haven't heard already. I'm not ignorant at all. I understand all of the funds that Invisible Children receives does not go directly to the area, but some is better than none. This problem IS happening, whether you agree with the way they are trying to stop it or not. I don't understand what the problem with allocation 68% of their funds to raise awareness is, the whole point of the video that people say they "wasted" their money on is to raise public awareness...which is exactly what they are doing. & the other 32% going directly to their cause is better than the 0% that was going to it before. I appreciate your opinion and you are completely entitled to it :) But then again, so am I.


Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...