Sunday, December 25, 2011

Gifts That Give Back: Beads of Hope Africa

Hey everyone!
I'm here to tell you all about an AMAZING new company that I've discovered, thanks to my older sister.  See, we have a tradition that every year for Christmas we will get each other a gift that does good for somebody else.  This year, she got me two bracelets from Beads of Hope Africa, which you can access here .  So, what's the BEST part about this company? Beads of Hope jewelry is made in Uganda, Africa, and the "women support their families by hand rolling the beads from recycled colored paper."  The money goes directly to the women that make the jewelry and they also "invest in scholarships for orphans to avoid future poverty."  All of that was directly off the card that came with my bracelets!






These bracelets are called "The Dream Bracelets", because the woman that made them, Kevin Aloyo, came up with this design in a dream.  They come in many different colors, but I have the red and the multicolor.  They are only $12 each, not including shipping and handling.  The Dream Bracelets aren't the only things on the website though, so everybody should go check it out and look around! Needless to say, I'm obsessed with this website! The jewelry seems to be fairly sturdy, but because it IS recycled paper, you have to be careful not to get them wet.  

You should all definitely look at this website! I'm going to be doing other gifts that give back posts in the future, because it is something that is so important to me! If you have any questions about the company or anything else please feel free to let me know :) I'll do my best to answer them! 

Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all so much for coming to check out my blog! I read every one of your comments, and I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any other questions or requests or anything, feel free to email me at itsagirlsworld54@yahoo.com ! :)
xoxo Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...